2019 Civic Trust Award – RAM
iRAL are delighted that the Royal Academy of Music has received a 2019 Civic Trust Award.
The 60th Anniversary Civic Trust Awards will be celebrated at the iconic Imperial War Museum North in Trafford, Manchester on Friday 1st March 2019.
The Ceremony will also coincide with the 150th year anniversary of Sir Robert McAlpine, who were Principal Contractor during the construction of the Imperial War Museum and are the lead sponsor of the Civic Trust Awards 2019.
Five additional Special Awards, to be announced on the evening, will also be given to CTA winning projects that have demonstrated outstanding credentials in specific areas. The Special Awards are:
- National Panel Special Award – selected by National Panel members as their favourite scheme from this year’s Award-winning projects
- Special Award for Sustainability – sponsored by Derwent London and is presented to a project that demonstrates excellent sustainability credentials in terms of overall design parameters, material selection, construction methods and long-term energy consumption.
- Special Award for Community Impact and Engagement – supported by Sir Robert McAlpine, presented to a scheme that has demonstrated how successful community engagement can help deliver the highest standards of design whilst meeting the needs of local people
- Michael Middleton Special Award – presented as a memorial and tribute to Michael Middleton CBE, who established the Civic Trust Awards in 1959, to an outstanding restoration project or new build within a conservation area.
- Special Award for Infrastructure – presented to an exemplar scheme from the road, rail and air infrastructure sector.